Wednesday, November 21, 2007

tagalog romance novels: a pre-research statement

It took me a whole afternoon to make up my mind on a topic for my research paper. It took me at least five hours to make a choice only to change and shift to another in just a minute. Until now I'm not sure if my decision was well meditated. I guess not. I decided to write about Tagalog-Romance novels, a litirature alien to me. I have never read this type of book in my life. I can see myself breaking down to tears near the end of the semester realizing I made a grave mistake. In retrospect I need to push through, I need to know about tagalog-romance novels.

Personally, (no offense, really) I think TRN (tagalog-romance novels) are cheap pieces of literature. I don't understand the addiction of my high school classmates to it. I have always assumed the story to go the same way as any other TRN out there. The plot is far-fetched and so monotonous. TRN are shallow for me. I am hardly entertained when my seatmates gush about the interactions between the antagonist and the protagonist. It's a waste of time for me when I can read meaningful and deep books which are much closer to reality or at least have a sense of humor.I may sound judgemantal and harsh to those who are avid fans but this is my preference.

However my disike, I am interested in finding and shedding some light to what good are there in TRN.

Please send some comments and reactions if you feel like sharing your thoughts.

No comments: